Monday, February 2, 2009

Ouch!

***Caution - the contents of this post may be very disturbing

I debated over whether or not to post these pictures, but my reason for this blog is to capture what's going on in our family and that includes the traumatic things, too.

Bryant finally had his appointment at the orthopedic's office today. We were able to see his war wounds when they took off his hard splint. Bryant took a quick peek and then wouldn't look at his arm until it was covered up again. He had 3 incisions that required stitches that were taken out today. I must say that I felt extremely queasy during that part of the appointment.

After the doctor checked Bryant's x-rays, he determined that Bryant could have a cast up to his elbow. We were so excited that it didn't have to go all the way to his shoulder (thanks to all the hardware that has been put in his bones!). Bryant decided that he wanted a black cast which won't look as dirty as the other colors. His cast will only be on for 5 more weeks - another benefit of having all the hardware. Then he will have limitations on the activities that he can participate in.

After the appointment, we stopped by Wal-mart to get some silver sharpies and headed back to school.
Bryant is sporting a buzz cut so that he won't have to worry about doing his hair while he's in a cast.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Bryant looks much happier than he did last week! and thank goodness the cast will cover up his war wounds so you can continue to keep your food in your tummy. Clever idea to have a black "clean" cast and to buzz the hair. I want your smarts!

camille said...

awww, that's not as bad as you made it sound! I mean come on, I saw a mans chest all stitched up on Friday! =)

nonetheless, Bryant was such a trooper, he really was.

Lynn Atwood said...

He's NO "Wimpy Kid"!! Glad you are improving so fast!!