Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ouch!

I learned a lesson while playing tennis with Bryant.........that even though I think I'm young and in decent condition, I'm really not. I thought that I was playing pretty well and so, in my cockiness, I over-played a bit. I landed on the side of my foot and it felt and sounded like I'd broken my ankle.

In the first few moments, all kinds of thoughts ran through my head - I'm going to need surgery and I've never been put under before, I'm going to be in a cast and it's getting warm enough to be swimming, I was finally feeling like exercising and now I can't.......and so on. Those thoughts lasted just a little bit until the pain really hit....OUCH!

I didn't move from where I landed while I waited for Rick to get there - thank goodness Bryant had his cell phone with him. Rick got there and somehow got me to the car (with a bit more drama that I don't want to re-live). We drove back home, got an ice pack and headed to the urgent care.

It took a while at the urgent care and I was in way too much pain, but the end result was that it was just a bad sprain - YAY!! I was so excited that I won't have to be in a cast or have surgery! It's super painful, but at least it's not broken.

My ankle 4 days after the injury. The swelling is down considerably and it's not quite as black and blue.
I'm not sure I'm going to be back on the tennis court any time soon.

No comments: