I was adamant that my children would not trick or treat after elementary school. Little did I know how hard it would be to follow through with that. These days it seems that all the teenagers trick or treat or, at least, go to Halloween parties. That means that Rick and I spent another Halloween without any children.
I haven't been very good about helping the boys with their costumes, but it turns out that they didn't need any assistance to come up with their own brilliant ideas. Bryant went as a pioneer girl (isn't he pretty?) and Parker went as "Kevin the pimp daddy cow" (who knows where he came up with that name...).
We are lucky to have the Muir family, the Rocks, and Dee over each Halloween for our traditional chili and corn bread dinner. It was so great to have little boys in the house - they were so excited to go trick or treating! After they were done, they came back and sorted their candy to leave out for the Great Pumpkin. I sure miss those days!
No comments:
Post a Comment