Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Parker our coin collector








For 4 years Parker has been collecting pennies without us paying too much attention to his collection. A few months ago he started begging us to take him to this "magic" foreign coin machine. His friend had told him about a machine that you could put money in and you get foreign coins in return. Well, that machine doesn't exist (oh the stories kids will tell...) but we did find a coin shop in Old Town Temecula - one of our favorite places to go. So Rick and I bought some foreign coins and penny coin holders for Parker and we gave them to him for Christmas. Since then, we have put the pennies in their slots (my poor thumb, it's soooo sore), ordered a book on United States coin values, and returned to the store to buy a bag of random pennies ($8.95 for 100 pennies ranging from 1910 to 1950's - it's all Parker wanted, even with the cool new proof sets of Presidential dollars). We came home and put the new pennies in their slots - more pain for me, and I decided to take some pics of the collection that Parker is so proud of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can I just say how much I love love love Parkers expresions. He cracks me up with his annimation! Kolby is a bit the same way, so I totally love it.