Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to school - three different ones!

I'm confident that I can speak for my entire family when I say that the dreaded day has arrived. I still can't believe that I have a 10th grader - that's just crazy! Anyway, my day went something like this: up at 6:00, get Erin off to school (her ride came by at 6:30), get Bryant up and off to school (he leaves at 7:30), get Parker up and off to school (we left at 8:30), deliver Parker to his teacher, feel sorry for myself, go to breakfast with Rick for what most would consider a "celebration" breakfast tradition for the 1st day of school, came home to rest from my busy morning, made cookies for the kids (also a 1st day of school tradition), sent Rick to pick up Erin at 2:30, left to pick up Bryant at 2:55, left to pick up Parker and 2 other neighborhood boys at 3:25, came home and ate some much deserved cookies! and listened to all the 1st day of school stories. From the sounds of things, this will be a great year for all of them! Of course, I couldn't let the day go by without capturing it with pictures.

Erin looking pretty studious - she's ready to take on the world! She has a great group of teachers which should help with her crazy work load. She also has lots of friends in most of her classes. That should make it easy for study groups.

This is what Erin got to do right after getting home (well, after eating her cookies). She has an AP European History project due tomorrow. Luckily she's almost done!

Bryant is an ambassador at BVMS this year. That means he will be helping out the incoming students and those that move in throughout the year. All ambassadors had to wear their shirts to identify them for those who needed help. Bryant has the absolute best schedule possible this year! He has great teachers and friends in all his classes. He also has 2nd lunch with the 8th graders, so he'll be able to eat with some of his church friends.

I tried to get a good picture of all 3 kids, but this is as good as it gets.

Parker with his hand on his handprint from 4 years ago. It's sad to see him grow up so fast.

Our carpool kids (and friends). Gabby and Jeremy Brito, Alec Beck and Parker.

Outside the classroom door.


Parker's teacher, Mrs. Saunders. I have heard she will be great and really challenge Parker. That's exactly what he needs!

This is what Mrs. Saunders has to look forward to..........

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

It's weird to see your kids back in school...bummer that summer vacation is over and that the work has to begin. I loved the picture of the 3 of them!

TheEamesExpress said...

Everyone looks so good for their first day of school. I like the no electronic rule!