Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pioneer clothes

For months I have known that Erin would need pioneer clothes for the trek, so I started making her outfit in February when my mom was here to offer advice. I knew I wanted her to look like she was wearing a dress but I wanted two separate pieces so that she could wear another shirt the next day. Her outfit worked out well, but when the time came that I knew I would need clothes too, I just wanted to pick a really easy and comfortable dress. I made myself what I consider to be a pioneer mu-mu with an apron to give it a waistline. I'm glad that I picked such a comfortable dress to wear, but I'm not sure what I was thinking by not having any change of clothes for myself - oh well. All I had to do for Rick was alter a regular button down shirt which was pretty easy. The total sewing projects were: 1 skirt, 1 shirt, 1 dress, 1 altered shirt, 2 bonnets, and 2 aprons. It's a good thing I enjoy sewing! Now we all have clothes if we ever have a reason to dress up again.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

You guys look so "authentic"! I especially love Erin's blue! It's the best material out there :P