Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmastime Activities

We have been full of Christmas cheer in our home this year! We broke out the Christmas music at Thanksgiving, and it's been playing ever since. The Monday after Thanksgiving, we decorated our Christmas tree. Let the holidays begin!

I was asked to chaperone the choir trip to Disneyland and I couldn't resist. It was neat to go behind the scenes in the backlot and see how Disney runs things - it really was impressive! I spent most of my time getting through security with the choir's gear and waiting in my van while the students collected their choir gear and returned it (I was their locker).
Rick was able to take off work early and met us in the park just in time for the performance at Carnation Plaza. The choir sounded amazing and Erin nailed her solo.
After the performance, I returned to the backlot to open up the "locker" and after the students were debriefed, Rick and I left the backlot, got some lunch, and then joined Erin and her friends inside Disneyland. I am so grateful to have a daughter who likes to have me around for her field trips!

Disneyland has reindeer!!! We learn something new about Disneyland almost every visit, and this was our new find.......reindeer!


For the first time in the 8 years we've lived here, we attended the Temecula Christmas Light Parade. It is held in Old Town Temecula and was a beautiful experience. We love Old Town and it is even more magical at Christmastime.
The real reason for us being there was Bryant playing in the band. His band ended up getting 1st place among all the bands that participated. The students all decorated their instruments and wore Santa hats while they marched down the parade route. Other than being cold, it was a wonderful experience!

The only day we had available to go to Knott's Berry Farm this year was a Saturday. It was one of the most crowded days we've ever had there. On the plus side, the weather was wonderful and we were joined by friends. The few rides we went on we great, as always. The funny thing is, we wouldn't have complained about the wait times for the rides if we were at Disneyland - they really weren't THAT long.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Great new family pictures taken by Linda and Ron! Post the rest please!