Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cross Country

I've never been a runner - but I always have wished I was.  Therefore, I was shocked when Parker told me that he wanted to run cross country for the middle school.  They only run 2 miles, but that's more than I can run without stopping - so I think that's pretty impressive for 12 year olds.  The teachers organized some practice runs, and then the students got to skip a whole day of school to go to the meet (where there were hundreds of middle schoolers from all over the valley).  

The week before the race, Parker had terrible pains in his heals - so we got some inserts and hoped for the best.  He was able to run the first little while without too much pain, but had to go slower the second half because of the pain.  I was so proud of him for sticking it out and running as hard as he could.  We learned a lot through the process and are looking forward to next year's race!



I couldn't believe the kids had so much energy after the race - they were out running around playing football.

No comments: