So yesterday was packed with excitement. The boys had games at the same time, so I arranged to have other people scorekeep both games so that I could go back and forth. Parker was the starting pitcher and did a great job. It is so great to see him pitch every week and start to become more serious about the game. Parker finished pitching in time for me to see Bryant pitch for the first time in 2 years. He used to pitch a lot in AA and AAA, but never in the Major division. The game was tied when the coach put him in (no pressure though, right???) and he proceeded to strike out the other teams' #1 slugger who had hit a home run the last time we'd played them. Then he got the next player to ground out followed by an infield pop fly. It was such an impressive performance that I'm sure the coach is wondering why he hadn't pitched Bryant sooner! Check out the bottom of this post for the video of him striking out Rasband - this is my first video attempt, next time I'll at least center the clip.
**Notice that this kid is 2 heads taller than Bryant - he's huge!
**and just ignore the overly excited, screaming mom in the background.
3 comments:
Go Chase brothers!
Wahooo! Congrats, Bryant and Parker! And, Rasband is truly huge [not fat, just taaaaaaaall!]
ok, loved all the pictures, but I must say, the one of Parker about to throw the ball with that funny face, it just cracked me up! oh, and the video clip -- ya, excited mom drowned out the pitching! lol. LOVED IT! anyway, our baseball season is going to be coming to a close soon, we hav a double header tomorrow night, a game at 7:15 p.m. and then 8:15p.m. - YUP, that is a school night!
Post a Comment