Monday, May 19, 2008

Parker's minimum days

Each year Parker always does something at school for Mother's Day. This year he had to write a descriptive paragraph about me. His paragraph goes like this:

My mom rocks! I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. Here's one reason why. She always tidies up my messes all the time; unless it looks like a trailor park after a tornado. If she does pick up my mess, I go outside to play most of the time. If I don't than obviously, I play video games. Anyway, let's get back to my mom. Another reason that she's spectacular is that every minimum day she takes me to my favorite place, McDonald's with my friend, Emmett. My mom's completely-etly-etly fabulous.

I love the time that I'm able to spend making memories with Parker every other Wednesday. Well, this past week it was raging hot so we decided for our minimum day activity, that it would be better to hit the pool instead of McDonalds (but Parker did talk me into going through the drive-through and bringing it to the pool).
Parker and Emmett taking a short break from the water.
This is Parker's "own creation". He came up with this move all on his own - it's definately one-of-a-kind, right??!
The boys thought they could make bigger splashes by holding hands and jumping in at the same time. Pretty soon there's no way they'll be holding hands!
Flips into the pool freaks me out! I'm one of those paranoid moms that's sure my child is going to smack his head on the side of the pool. Just look at how close he comes! I would like to ban this move completely, but I'm not willing to be that restricting. Look! A picture of Parker without a goofy face! Definately a rare occasion.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

So fun! You definately have me convinced that I need to do some fum stuff with my kids on our early release days.

Suzanne said...

So fun to have a friend to make minimum days fun with. Can't wait for Devin to out of all this therapies so I can get back to those routines!