Now, Erin just had to be at the theater as early as possible, so after a few texts she sent me during the school day, I relented and picked her up from school a few minutes early and rushed her to get her spot in line. We had her dinner, snacks, blankets, and games packed so that she would be set for the long wait. I had every intention to not show up until around 9:00, but at 4:15 I got a frantic call from Erin informing me that I had to be in the theater by 5:00, or I wouldn't be let in at all until they started seating everyone. So I ran home from parent teacher conferences at the middle school, threw the "Team Edward" t-shirt (thanks Suzanne!), grabbed some more snacks, and drove way too fast to the theater, arriving with 5 minutes to spare. I got to spend the next 9 hours with LOTS of teenage girls and a few other crazy moms. I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed the movie so much. The story line was true to the book and most of the actors did a great job. I know there are some that didn't like the movie, but I thought it was well done, especially with such a small budget.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Midnight Premiere Madness
Erin has been anticipating the release of Twilight, the movie, for months. She wouldn't stop bugging me about the midnight premiere for the past couple of weeks. I was really hoping that she would be fine with going on Friday afternoon, instead of in the wee hours of the morning, but she just had to be at the midnight showing. To make matters worse, she REALLY wanted me to go with her, even though I already had tickets to go Friday evening. So, being the fabulous mom that I am,:), I went and bought tickets so that we could go together.
Now, Erin just had to be at the theater as early as possible, so after a few texts she sent me during the school day, I relented and picked her up from school a few minutes early and rushed her to get her spot in line. We had her dinner, snacks, blankets, and games packed so that she would be set for the long wait. I had every intention to not show up until around 9:00, but at 4:15 I got a frantic call from Erin informing me that I had to be in the theater by 5:00, or I wouldn't be let in at all until they started seating everyone. So I ran home from parent teacher conferences at the middle school, threw the "Team Edward" t-shirt (thanks Suzanne!), grabbed some more snacks, and drove way too fast to the theater, arriving with 5 minutes to spare. I got to spend the next 9 hours with LOTS of teenage girls and a few other crazy moms. I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed the movie so much. The story line was true to the book and most of the actors did a great job. I know there are some that didn't like the movie, but I thought it was well done, especially with such a small budget.

Now, Erin just had to be at the theater as early as possible, so after a few texts she sent me during the school day, I relented and picked her up from school a few minutes early and rushed her to get her spot in line. We had her dinner, snacks, blankets, and games packed so that she would be set for the long wait. I had every intention to not show up until around 9:00, but at 4:15 I got a frantic call from Erin informing me that I had to be in the theater by 5:00, or I wouldn't be let in at all until they started seating everyone. So I ran home from parent teacher conferences at the middle school, threw the "Team Edward" t-shirt (thanks Suzanne!), grabbed some more snacks, and drove way too fast to the theater, arriving with 5 minutes to spare. I got to spend the next 9 hours with LOTS of teenage girls and a few other crazy moms. I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed the movie so much. The story line was true to the book and most of the actors did a great job. I know there are some that didn't like the movie, but I thought it was well done, especially with such a small budget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a cool mom! So glad you enjoyed it and I can't wait to see it.
Great pictures! So, where's the one of us on Friday night? I'm still waiting. :-)
Post a Comment