The doctor has cleared Bryant to be able to fully participate in sports.........so a new soccer season has begun. We're still a bit nervous, but hopeful that we won't be making any trips to the emergency room this season. Bryant's team, The Fury, had their first game this morning and played respectably but lost 1-2. I noticed a great improvement over last weeks scrimmage, so the team has lots of potential to have a great year!
Being the crazy camera mom that I am, I took pictures to document the day (it's a bonus for Rick to be able to see them when he gets home from a day at the lake with the young women).
The team captains meet with each other and the referees before the start of each game.

Bryant was a mid fielder throughout the game, and didn't see much action. When he did get the ball, he did awesome!
Bryant also started refereeing again and had the pleasure of being the center ref for two games in the extreme heat of the day.
When the referees had a break, they met in the center of the fields where there was supposed to be an ez-up and a cooler full of cold drinks.......someone must have missed the memo - not much shade and no drinks today. Luckily, a parent from one of the teams had extra water for Bryant.

I'm not sure how hot it was today, but I'm sure that it was over 100 degrees. Bryant and I learned something today............extreme heat, blue gatorade, limited food and shade, and scarfing down food and water after hours without any........don't mix. Let's just say that we made an unplanned stop on the way home so that we could clean up a bluish/green explosion in the back seat of Rick's car (and then spent unplanned time shampooing the car once we got home). I think I'd rather not have had Bryant learn the signs of heat exhaustion from personal experience.
1 comment:
I love the pix of Bryant - especially the close-up. Thanks for being a super photo-mom!
Post a Comment