Thursday, February 21, 2008

Blue and Gold Dinner

Parker had his Cub Scout Blue and Gold Dinner tonight. I think that I wasn't in the mood to be in a crowd tonight, but even though I might not have been in the best mood for the evening, Parker and all the cub scouts had a great time.
Parker finally received his first bead as a wolf scout. He earned the bead a few months ago, but they forgot one month and we weren't at the next Pack Meeting. Now he can wear his bead with pride! He's probably already done enough for his next bead, but I thought that it would be more fun for him to receive it at the next Pack Meeting since it's always a bummer when you don't get any awards.
Here's yet another picture of Parker hamming it up. It's hard to get a serious picture these days.
The boys were supposed to decorate a cake with the help of their dads. Well, Rick was at work, so I let Parker decide what he wanted to do and then guided him through. He wanted to use the Cub Scouts blue and gold colors and write the Chinese symbol for a rat since Chinese New Year was the theme of the dinner and this is the year of the rat. He earned an award for the best use of cub scout colors.

2 comments:

camille said...

Parker totally cracks me up! thanks for sharing the pics. I loved the cake. it totally made me laugh! way to go PARKER!!!

Missi Waldron said...

What a cool cake idea! Very creative Parker. You are such a funny kid... Dallin sure loves learning "Parker-isms." I hope you don't mind, Chase family, that I just hopped on your blog and started making comments :). I hope you do the same to us... have a great day.