Monday, February 18, 2008

The latest happenings in the Chase home

I haven't blogged for over a week because life has been sooo hectic around here. Besides, I like to include pictures when I blog and I haven't taken many lately. So here's an update on the life in the Chase home.

Last Friday we had a Primary talent show. I must admit that planning activities is not my favorite thing to do, but I'm always pleased with how things turn out in the end and it's always worth it. Well, the talent show was no exception. All the kids did such a great job and there was a nice variety of talents. My kids and Rick all participated. Bryant and Rick played the trumpet and it was the best I've heard Bryant do. He only struggled on one note. Parker and Emmett made an ice cream sundae with Parker's head and Emmett's arms. It was cute until the ice cream ended up on the newly cleaned floor. Erin and one of her friends sang "As Sisters in Zion" on last minute notice and I had to play the piano for them, so I guess I was in the show, too. The pictures that I took didn't turn out so I can only post a pic of the practice sundae making session.



The other thing that is taking a lot of my time and will be for the next few months is baseball. Bryant is playing on the Major Rockies team and Parker is on the AA Oakland A's. Saturdays are filled with 4 hours of back to back practices and then each boy has another practice during the week. We will also be going to the batting cages once a week since we have so much extra time on our hands. Parker's team looks great for a AA team and it looks like he's going to be able to pitch this year. I can hardly believe it! Bryant's team looks alright from what I've seen, but I think they have more of an uphill battle to face. Be on the lookout for lots of pics during the season.

1 comment:

camille said...

Life just gets crazier and crazier. maybe one of these days things will slow down for all of us. HA, who am I kidding! =)