Sunday, February 24, 2008

I'm released

Yesterday I was released from my calling and it was a tough day. Even though I had known about it for a few weeks, it didn't make it easier. It's hard to say goodbye to all the teachers and children that I've worked with for so long. Everyone was so kind to me and I got lots of hugs from the sweet children and other ward members. So as the torch is passed, I thought I'd post some pictures that were taken of my presidency during some of our Primary Activities.
Peggy Badal (1st Counselor) and Heidi Chase (2nd counselor) at our latest activity, the talent show. Peggy became a pro at conducting on Sundays, I think it was her favorite part of her calling. Heidi is a scout expert! What a great job she has done so far and will be continuing to do for our cub scouts.
This was my first whole presidency at our General Conference activity, obviously with a football theme! Jennifer Nielson (secretary and great at all the little details), Missi Waldron (1st counselor and a "worker bee" - I served with her for almost 4 years between Enrichment and Primary), me, and Teddie Holtman (2nd counselor and very dependable - she's spent most of her adult life as a Primary teacher and for good reason).
Missi, me and Teddie at our Pioneer Activities. This was one of my favorite activities, but as I look back, I loved them all!
Missi and Janet Mescall (secretary - a very organized person which was great for me and the Primary) serving as stewardesses at our missionary activity. I think this activity was the kids favorite one!
Me at the check in for the missionary activity. I think this is the only picture I have of just me since I hate taking pictures.

The only presidency member I don't have a picture of is Kriquett Howells. She did an amazing job these past few months. She is the most organized and put together person I've ever met and I'm so glad that she gets to continue on as secretary for the new Primary president. As I've said more times than I can count, the Primary secretary makes the world go 'round!

My family has been a great support for me throughout this calling. I have loved being in Primary with Parker and Bryant. I made it to the very last Sunday for Bryant as he will be going into Young Men's next week. Rick has been a such a help to me and never complained once about the time I had to spend on my calling and he spent plenty of his time helping me. Maybe that's why he got choked up when he released me yesterday - he's being released, too, as the #1 helper!

So now I am calling-less and you would think that I would welcome the break. I suppose that in the next few days I will begin to enjoy having less responsibility and I'll definately enjoy being in Relief Society next Sunday.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm peaking in on you! :-) I love the pics. Thank you so much for all you've done for our children. They have loved Primary and you've made a great impact on them. Now relax until you get your next calling, which I'm sure will be only next week. :-)

Suzanne Sumida

Missi Waldron said...

What a fantastic job you did as the Primary President and looking back at all those pictures made me realize that we had a lot of fun too! Enjoy your "break" and ENJOY RELIEF SOCIETY!! Let me know what it's like :). Job well done, Jolene!

My Dearest Rich said...

What a bitter sweet moment! And it sounds like from all the other postings, you have ENOUGH to keep you busy OUTSIDE of a calling! So, maybe breathe for a little while huh? Enjoy the new t.v. catch up on some shows, or play some wii! you know it CAN be good exercise! Or at LEAST some Guitar Hero! That's what gets me through my days here! Who's the new Pres? You must fill me in now that I no longer sit in the congregation! :(

Krissy Lowe said...

Who is the new president??? You did such a great job, left big shoes to fill. Hope you enjoy your time, I'm sure they will put you back to work soon.