Corrie got a new coloring book to help pass the time before the start of the performance.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Hangin' with Corrie
During the dance festival performance, I was able to help with Corrie Snell so that her parents could watch from the stands. I really enjoyed the time with Corrie. It's great to see how well she learned the dances and feel her sense of accomplishment. There was a setback during the beehives dance when Corrie couldn't find her mom and dad. She got upset and didn't go all the way out onto the field, so I found myself on the field giving her a pep talk. When the music started to play, she bolted and headed straight for her group where she was able to finish the dance. She was so proud of herself after it was done!
Corrie got a new coloring book to help pass the time before the start of the performance.
When I was taking Corrie to the staging area for the final number, we walked past youth who were getting American flags. Corrie decided that she wanted a flag and one of the ladies gave her one by mistake. While I was trying to convice her that someone else was supposed to have that flag, the kindest lady came over and told her that she could carry it. She made arrangements for Corrie to stand between two wonderful youth who were so sweet with her. It was a great experience to see how people were able to be flexible to make someone elses experience better.
Corrie proudly carried her flag.
Corrie got a new coloring book to help pass the time before the start of the performance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment