Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our rockin' summer

As a result of our children's hard work in school this year, we felt the desire to reward them with some serious entertainment - Rock Band for the Wii!! Since it arrived in our house, we have had many sessions rockin' out with family and friends. I have taken MANY pictures of our sessions and am choosing a few highlights to share.

The Reid family was visiting for the first 2 weeks that we had it - we definately discovered the rocker in Alex!! He can scream the songs better than any rockin' kid I know! His favorite songs are Roxanne and Wanted, Dead or Alive - that's my kind of kid! Here's a pic of the cousins boy band.At first Erin helped Alex figure out how to sing the songs. It didn't take long until Alex would turn his back to the T.V., sing, and tell us how he was so good that he could sing without looking at the words.
The adult Chases and Rocks taking a turn.
Bryant is way too good on the guitar. He can play many of the songs on expert. I don't know how someone with such small hands can hit all those notes.
Erin's got the rocker look!
Emmett takes his turn on the guitar.
Hayden did pretty good on the drums. I think that I'm going to have to get the pads to put over the drums to make them quieter, though. Most of the kids hit way too hard!

Me attempting to play the drums. I just can't get my foot and hands to play at the same time.
On the other hand, Rick has no problem playing the drums on expert. There are some benefits to growing up with a drummer in the house.
This was the most we could get Dave to do. He's not too into Rock Band, but he did cheer for some of the songs.
One of the boy bands and their audience.
Parker reluctantly took some turns singing. He used to love to sing, but I think he's getting a little too "cool" for it lately.
Erin LOVES to sing - especially Dani California. She can sing any of the songs even if she's never heard them.
Hayden was very serious when singing - it was way too cute!
Ron and Linda finally agreed to sing - as long as they could do it together. How sweet...........
This is the best video clip I have. I know it's hard to see, but Rick and Alex were singing Wanted, Dead or Alive together and it was so funny! I especially got a kick out of Alex's thumbs-up to Rick at the end!

No comments: