Sunday, September 7, 2008

Best friends

Today I was giving the lesson in Relief Society on visiting teaching. While I was preparing my lesson, I realized that many of my longest and best friendships have come through visiting teaching. Linda was assigned to visit me when we first moved to Temecula 6 years ago. Through much more effort than she should have had to exert, we became life-long friends. I am so grateful for the visiting teaching program and the lasting effects that it has in my life.

Me and Linda on our way to the Newport Beach temple the day Ron went for the first time.
As I think of how thankful I am for great friends, I am also thankful that Erin has a best friend she can turn to through thick and thin. Kathryn and Erin have known each other since 6th grade. They don't go to the same school or church, but they manage to spend as much time as possible together. They are very different, Kathryn is sporty and Erin is a "girlie-girl" but they balance each other out. Their latest passion is the Twilight book series and just had to get matching Edward t-shirts during their latest shopping trip.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Linda are too cute!
I guess the younger girls are cute too! ;)

Tiffany said...

Friends are the best! What about those friends who are blood related? and you still choose to be their friend?

Anonymous said...

You're right, Tiff. Having your sister as one of your friends is a double blessing!