Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

Yesterday I was trying to figure out how to spend Rick's first extra day off because of a holiday. I wanted it to feel like a holiday and not just any old day, but we didn't have anything planned. Then I remembered that the Snell family had planned a holiday potluck breakfast a while ago, and I thought that would be the perfect thing to try to do again. So I started making calls and much to my surprise, lots of people were up for the activity!

As a result, this morning was a great time for our family to spend with other church members, friends, and neighbors. We ate great food (especially the dutch oven dishes provided by the Bishop and Derek Scott), played games like keep-away football, and just enjoyed being with everyone.

Today was also Nathan Rock's 13th birthday. We had a great time celebrating with him at our house, then we took him to one of his favorite places, Barnes & Noble, to get him a present, followed by a trip to EZ Take Out Burger for some yummy greasy food. After all that, Nathan was ready to go back home where Rick and the boys played football before eating a fabulous dinner followed by a trip to the yogurt factory. We hope you had a great birthday, Nathan! Thanks for sharing it with our family!




No comments: