Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Perfect weather for a minimum day

For whatever reason, our school district didn't feel that having minimum days every other week was enough. So starting this year, every Wednesday Parker gets out of school at 1:13. It's been our tradition the past couple of years for Emmett and Parker to get together (usually at the "finer-diner", a.k.a. McDonalds). Today, since the weather was wonderful, we opted to meet at the park.

Here's just a glimpse at the minds of 2 nine year olds with a whole park to themselves:

Parker helped Emmett experiment with drinking upside down - it works! (according to Emmett, the drink went "up")



The swings started out safe enough, but that only lasted about a minute. The rest of the time Linda and I were pretty nervous. I tried things on swings when I was a kid, but nothing compared to the stunts Parker will try. Did you know that you can flip over onto your stomach mid-air and not fall off the swing?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so nice that you are keeping traditions for you kids! It's wonderful to have great friends! Hey, I think I said something about great friends in my last comment on your blog!

Rock's said...

Those crazy boys...I'm so glad they have each other and we get to laugh through it all :)

Sharrid said...

It looks like Parker might earn a gold medal on the swings!