Wednesday, April 8, 2009

NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a call from the school today saying they needed me to come right away because Bryant had fallen and they thought his arm was broken again. All the P.E. classes got to watch the high school wrestling team doing a demonstration. While Bryant was trying to see better, he tripped over another student. In trying to avoid falling on that student, Bryant tried to jump, only to end up falling, and he put his hand out to catch the fall (we have BEGGED him to not use his arms to catch his falls, but it's such a natural reaction). Anyway, I quickly threw some things in the van and rushed to the school. I even had to follow the firetruck and ambulance most of the way there.

The principal and assistant principal were waiting out front and rushed me into the MPR to see him. All I can say is - you know it's a bad break when you can see the deformity through long sleeves. The paramedics cut away his sleeve and that's when I lost it. I can't believe that it's actually WORSE than last time. Now we have to go through everything all over again.


Bryant rode to the hospital in the ambulance while I raced to meet him there. On my way, I called Bishop Chase and left him a rather frantic message. I'm so grateful to him for following a prompting to turn his phone on right at the same time I was leaving the message. He called me right back and showed up at the hospital shortly after I did. He was able to tell Bryant stories to make him laugh and he gave him things to look forward to. When Rick arrived from work, Bishop Chase assisted in giving Bryant a blessing. How blessed we are to have the Priesthood in our lives!

After Bishop Chase left, Bryant was sedated and the doctor straitened his arm and put a temporary splint on it. Then he was admitted to the hospital where he will remain until his surgery tomorrow evening. Luckily they had a private room for us which has a recliner for Rick who is staying overnight.

Bryant wouldn't let me take any pictures of the broken arm so that he'll never have to see what it looked like. Here he is with his temporary splint.

***Thanks to our family, friends and neighbors who helped taxi Erin and Parker around, brought sweet treats, or just offered words of encouragement! It helped us get through the unpleasantness of the day.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I feel so sorry for Bryant. What bad luck. We will definately keep him in our thoughts and prayers.