Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Perfect Birthday

I don't usually get excited about my birthday and this year was no exception, especially with last week being so crazy. But I think this was probably my best birthday ever!

Rick made sure that I would have a great day by forcing me to go to Glen Ivy Spa (I've had a gift card for over 2 years). He took the day off of work to handle things at home and made arrangements for me to be able to take my friend, Suzanne, with me. Before heading to the spa, I had my favorite breakfast at Mimi's Cafe with Linda - good food and great company! After breakfast, I picked Suzanne up and we found our way to the spa that's tucked into the hills about 30 minutes away. It was a gorgeous place and I can't believe that I drug my feet for so long to get there!

Since it was the first time being there for both of us, we scoped the place out before heading to Club Mud to goop ourselves up and bake it off in the sun. It was so much fun and our skin felt so soft after we cleaned off! We liked it so much that we returned for a second slathering before going home.
The rest of our time was spent between the mineral pools, lounge pool, roman bath (jacuzzi), Cafe Sole (great food), and just lounging while reading junk magazines. It was an amazingly relaxing day with PERFECT weather - we can't wait to go back! Suzanne, thanks for spending my birthday at the spa with me, you're a great friend!


When I got home from the spa, I found that Rick had spent a good chunk of the day deep cleaning the kitchen and our bathroom - YEA!!! What a great present! After picking Parker up from baseball practice, we went to El Torito with Dee and ate more yummy food. I did my best not to fill up so that I would have room for dessert.
After dinner, we met the Rock at The Yogurt Factory where they had made sure to have my very favorite flavors - peach and low carb chocolate. The even had a sign above the machine and birthday table cloths for us to use - thanks Melanie!

When we got home, I still had presents to open. Man, I feel spoiled! Thanks family and friends for making me feel like a queen for the day!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Well, thanks for letting me FEEL like a queen for the day! It was fun!

Lynn Atwood said...

Happy Birthday Jolene - what a great day you had!! You deserve it! Love you, LA

camille said...

sounds like such a perfect day. hope you have been able to get over that cold. I will try and call tomorrow. it has been crazy busy around here - which you have NO idea what THAT is like! =P