Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Parker's Disneyland birthday trip

Once again, we had to take Parker to Disneyland a day before his birthday. This time, I decided to let him skip school for the day so that we would have more time together in the happiest place on earth. Since Erin and Bryant couldn't afford to miss a day of school, it was just me and Parker all day long, just like the good ol' days before he started school.

I let Parker choose everything that we did the entire day and it was great seeing Disneyland through an almost 10 year old's eyes! Here's the highlight reel from the events of the day:

Parker's many faces.......I starting to think he's the next Jim Carey (kind of scary)

A cool Parker with his 3-D goggles on

We did Toy Story Mania for the first....and second time! Great ride!!

We also rode on the canoes for the first time


We spent about an hour over on the pirates island. Parker had a great time exploring every crevice and I realized that I'm probably too big to do it with him, but I gave it my best effort.

He found the pirates treasure and he's NOT sharing!

We checked out Tarzan's tree house where Parker played the drums (pans) and climbed the up the rope.

We tried a new Mexican restaurant that served big portions and was pretty good for Disneyland food.

Parker wanted me to take one last picture before we went home - another priceless Parker face!
Originally Parker had wanted to stay until midnight....then he changed his mind and wanted to leave at 8:00......then when California Adventure finally closed at 9:00, he wasn't ready to go, but my knees and legs had had enough. We ended up getting home at 11:00 which was definitely past his bedtime, but it was worth it! Parker, I had a great time with you today!!

No comments: