Sunday, June 20, 2010

Girls Camp

This year was Erin's last year at Girls Camp and my first year going as a leader. Even though we were at the same camp, we hardly saw each other while we were there. Erin was in a cabin with the YCLs (youth camp leaders) and I was in a cabin with our Beehives about 1/2 mile away.

The week was packed with fun activities, devotionals, and yummy food (way better than I expected). Here's the highlight reel from our week at Girls Camp:

Our ward banner

Me with 2 of my Beehives, Cami and Riley

Erin, Rylee, Ana, and Meagan in the dining hall

More food - this time with Deidre and Brianne

Erin helping teach line dancing

Sarona, Bailey, Riley, and Kate playing games in our messy cabin

Playing the animal game in our cabin - I realized I'm too old to be on the top bunk.

Erin, Brianne, and Deidre leading their scripture study group (before getting ready for the day).

Me with 3 of my Beehives - Sarona, Bailey, and Jenny.

I went canoeing with Sarona who was content to sit in the middle of the canoe on the floor. She wasn't too excited about being out in the middle of the lake.

Erin and Brianne went kayaking on the lake

With the encouragement of some of my Beehives, I decided to do the zip line. I had no problem climbing up, it was the jumping off part that freaked me out. I closed my eyes and counted down and forced myself off the ledge. It ended up being super fun!

Erin and Rylee tried to show me how to play Cups - but it was way to confusing for me!

The last night of camp, Bishoprics come up to spend the evening with their ward. Rick was the one to come from our ward and it was so nice to have him around for the evening. After dinner he held a devotional followed by a ward testimony meeting. Then he surprised us with strawberry shortcake - yum!
At the end of our ward time, I made my rounds saying goodbye to all the girls. It was sad leaving them early (even if it was only by a few hours), so I snuck into the Beehive cabin to play one last game of Animal. I feel so lucky to have had the time at camp with our wonderful young women.

No comments: