Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Our caroling party

Well, our Christmas Caroling party is over and we had a great time when it was all said and done. It looked like it would be a dissaster in the afternoon after 3 families had to cancel with sick family members. I was really scrambling to figure out what to do! We decided to go ahead with a smaller group and that ended up being the perfect thing to do. The caroling went quicker with less people loading in and out of cars and less "Chiefs" trying to decide which songs to sing at each house. During our white elephant gift exchange we didn't limit the number of times a gift cold be "stolen", so we had quite a few wild stealing sessions occur. Our friends liked the party better with less people, so maybe we'll keep it small again next year.

So I thought that I was completely over my cold, but yesterday did me in! Today I had a terrible cough for most of the day. Rick and I went out shopping most of the day and the crowds were awful. One store we went into had such a long line that we just turned and walked out. Tomorrow Rick goes back to work so I will be able to finish up the Christmas shopping without putting him through torture. I probably should be resting more than I am, but it is nearly impossible this close to Christmas.

Tonight Bryant had his first band concert. The band teacher said that the first 2 weeks of beginning band sounded like being at a dairy farm with lots of mooing. They definately sounded better than that tonight. Bryant sat in the middle of the second row and we weren't able to see his face, but we could see his feet tapping away throughout all the songs. Rick even had the video camera on his feet because it was pretty funny. The sad thing is, his feet couldn't reach the floor - maybe next year. Bryant really enjoys playing the trumpet and is getting much better at it. It will be great to see his progression throughout the years.

No comments: