In the spring, we sat the kids down and talked about where we wanted to go for vacation this year. Rick and I gave suggestions and then everyone gave their thoughts. It became clear that everyone wanted to go to the Grand Canyon and then Zion National Park. I have to admit that I wasn't too excited to go both places since it would require an extra 4+ hours of driving to view the Grand Canyon, but I was willing to go along with the group and it was worth it!
We chose to go to the North Rim because it would be less crowded and closer to our other destinations. The drive from southern Utah to the North Rim was one of the prettiest drives we've ever been on. There were many trees and meadows, along with deer and wild turkeys to look at.
We were only able to spend a couple of hours in the Grand Canyon, but we definately want to return again and stay longer - it's so peaceful there.
No comments:
Post a Comment