Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Getting a bit of culture - boy style

A few months ago, we decided to get tickets to see The Phantom of the Opera, which is coming to the Pantages Theatre in February. We knew that Erin wanted to go, but when we asked the boys if they wanted to, they quickly said "No!". Now I can't see why they wouldn't want to go, but I think it's important for them to experience going to some shows. So when I found out that Stomp would be coming to the Orange County Performing Arts Center (I WAY prefer it to the Pantages), we decided it would be the perfect show to take the boys to. This time we didn't ask them if they wanted to go, we just bought the tickets anyway.

Right after the boys got home from school on Tuesday, they changed clothes and we headed to Orange County. We decided to meet Rick at Ruby's diner in South Coast Plaza which is right across the street from the Performing Arts Center. After dinner, I went to the van and the battery was completely dead - bummer! I had left the lights on and I quess I must not have double clicked the lock button on my keyless entry. Lucky for us, South Coast Plaza has lots of security people around and we were able to find someone to help give us a jump start.

Bryant and Parker at Ruby's


Parker couldn't resist goofing around in the parking structure

We finally made it to the show and it was incredible! It was 1 1/2 hours of solid drumming on things. The boys loved it - especially the interactive parts! I was sitting by Parker and he had the biggest grin on his face. I have a feeling I'm going to be hearing even more drumming around my house. The show was definately worth every penny it cost!

No comments: